Monday 21 May 2012

Narrative project take one.

After recieving the narrative project I began to brainstorm Ideas and latched onto the idea of myths and legend. I brainstormed various avenues including greek/roman mythology, Medieval, Religious and elvan/fictional mythology. It was during my exploration of imagery for greek mythology and the titans that I stumbled across the theatrical advertisement or poster for the film clash of the titans.
Upon viewing this I began to think of the entertainment industry in a mythological form. These fantastic fables were a form of entertainment at one point and the legend and fable would be equal to the standard of celebrity we see today. I found this interesting and thought of who would be considered the gods of today and what platform would be equivical to the standard of lore in Greek mythology. In my research I have realised television is now a multi billion dollar industry and has lost the innocence of the fantastical fable counterpart. There is now a cult of fame and obsession with celebritys and being famous. This then led me onto examining reality television such as the xfactor. The contestants flock to be mocked, criticised, swallowed and spat out into this industry and are at the mercy of a panel of judges. The judges appear glamorous and larger than life but are each hiding undesirable aspects of themselves and persona for the camera. This finally led me onto the theme for my project, I will examine the xfactor but through the use of animal imagery to represent each judge and the aspects they would wish to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment