Monday 5 December 2011

Varying Pendulums

I began experimenting with the physical aspect of movement contained within the pendulum by creating my own 3d model. I covered penneys in a gold material and then suspended them from a constructed wooden box.








After studying the pendulum within the clock I sought to discover and understand the movement in other forms of pendulums which lead me onto my next avenue of investigation, Crystal pendulums which are used in spiritual healing and pagan rituals. I studied the crystals in depth taking into account their structure, colour texture etc, in preparation for a sculpture piece.

I began doing sketches and studys of the crystals



 For my sculpture I would like the crystals to have a natural appearance similar to those of the stalactites below.

No comments:

Post a Comment